Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Oysters. If you feel the same way you might like this little appetizer. Traditionally it would be made with parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella, but parmesan cheese is on the avoid list for
O Positive dieters. You could also try feta or goat cheese.
Oysters without the shells
1 Stick Butter (softened)
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated or chopped fine
1 tbsp. Minced garlic
1 cup Gluten-free seasoned bread crumbs
1-2 tbsp. Seafood Stock
Chopped Green Onion
Crushed Red Pepper
1. Mix the butter, bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, green onion together then set aside
2. Cover the bottom of a small saucepan with olive oil then add the minced garlic and let it cook for a couple minutes. Add crushed red pepper to your taste and then the seafood stock. Let this mixture cook for about 5 minutes
3. Add the butter mixture to the breadcrumb mixture
4. Add more bread crumb if necessary – the mixture should be moist but not too wet
5. Rinse and check the oysters for bits of shell and debris. Layer a baking dish with the Nori sheets then cover each sheet with the oysters. Use your hand to cover each oyster-topped Nori sheet with the breadcrumb/butter mixture. Broil until the tops are browned – no more than 10 minutes. Spritz with lemon juice after removing from the oven. Enjoy!
I used the pre-cut Nori snack sheets. They come in a variety of flavors: onion, wasabi, chipotle and plain.
Use your hands to firmly press the breadcrumb mixture on top of the oysters.
The finished product